Tell us a little about yourself
What is a Sivoia QS Triathlon battery-powered shade?
Sivoia QS Triathlon shades can be integrated into a whole home automation system such as RadioRA®
2, GRAFIK Eye® QS, or HomeWorks® QS. (We can also integrate these shades with HomeWorks®
Illumination using RadioRA 2 software. An app note is available to provide instructions on interfacing these
shading solutions with HomeWorks Illumination.) When integrating Sivoia QS Triathlon shades into
a RadioRA 2 or HomeWorks QS system you can:
• Create preset scenes that allow you to control shades, as well as adjust the temperature
and lights and turn on/off standby power to small appliances at the touch of a button
• Have a variety of control options, including Pico® wireless controls, GRAFIK Eye QS,
seeTouch® keypads, timeclock events, and mobile devices, such as your iPad®, iPhone®,
iPod touch®, and AndroidTM*
• Integrate your shades with a 3rd-party control system, such as a touchscreen or universal remote
Is the shade’s motor loud?
Not at all. If you’re standing 3 feet away from a moving Sivoia QS Triathlon shade, you won’t hear much
of anything. At a sound level of less than 44dBA (decibels) for honeycomb shades and 38dBA for roller
shades, this is roughly the same level of sound as you would find in a quiet room or library and is quieter
than most refrigerators.
I have two (or more) shades next to each other. Will they move at the same speed?
Yes. Our digital control circuitry makes sure that your shades move at the same speed. In fact, this circuitry
can even compensate for battery voltage. If you have one shade (with brand new batteries) right next to
other shades (with old batteries), they will still move at the same speed.
How do Sivoia QS Triathlon shades save energy?
Shades save energy by:
• reducing heating and cooling costs. Lowering shades in the summer prevents the sun’s harsh rays from
heating up a room (and causing an air conditioner to work overtime), while raising them in the winter
captures heat from those rays.
• providing insulation. Sivoia QS Triathlon honeycomb shades have air pockets built into their fabric that
provides insulation. These air pockets help keep your house cooler in the summer and warmer in