Washington Energy Service is the leading Home Improvement Company in the Puget Sound Area. We have a strong commitment to providing “Home Comfort” through sales, installation, and service of Heating and Cooling Systems, Energy Efficient Windows, Exterior Doors, and Siding.
The Assistant Window/Door Installer, while reporting to the Field Manager and Lead Installer, is expected to facilitate all aspects of a given installation. Customer communication, set up, install and clean up are the Assistant Installers responsibility. Working with the Lead, the Assistant Installer is required to oversee all aspects of the job. If difficulties arise, they are expected to inform their Field Manager while at the same time offering up solutions to keep installations as efficient as possible. Excellent communication, quality workmanship, attention to detail, and hard work, are all job requirements.
- Aid in the installation of Windows/Doors and related products which include James Hardie siding, wood and vinyl windows; Steel, fiberglass and wood doors; Bay/bow and shaped windows; Insulated glass units; Carpentry-interior and exterior trim, creating and enlarging openings (headers, etc.), basic sheet rock and siding.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to improve skills.
- Listening and adhering to directions of Lead Installer/Foreman/Field Manager.
- Creation of shared leads and add-on-sales.
- Following company guidelines for safety, handbook requirements, timecards and any other management policies.
- Loading/Unloading of trucks with proper work materials and tools at beginning of work day.
- Restocking trucks with supplies needed for days projects.
- Review of job packet with Lead Installer/Foreman/Field Manager to understand necessary actions and formulate plans.
- Greeting customer in a friendly manner.
- Conveying scope of work needed to be accomplished and ensuring customer has understanding of scope.
- Preparing worksite which will include unloading materials and equipment from truck, laying drop cloths and ensuring customers’ homes are protected from potential harm by equipment.
- Assisting the Lead installer by retrieving equipment, setting up and working on ladders, planks and scaffolding.
- Working with power tools, most commonly: Power Nailer, Table saw, circular saw, reciprocating saw, chop saw.
- Proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials in company dumpsters.
- Daily reporting of project/issues/hours to Field manager.
- Working in Warehouse as fill in when requested.
- This position does not oversee any other employee.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Ability to use power tools, hand tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Providing personal hand tools (company provides power tools).
- Maintain clean and organized truck.
- Maintain professional presentation (clean uniform, acceptable grooming, courteous and professional communication with customers and co-workers)
- Mechanical/Carpentry knowledge and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- 75% or more of day spent standing, walking, crawling, crouching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and operating tools.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds multiple times a day.
- Comfortable working in extreme environmental conditions including but not limited to: Wet and humid weather, working near mechanical or moving parts, working on a ladder or roof, working in extreme cold or heat, in and around electrical, explosive or toxic conditions with the risk of shock, explosions and/or inhalation of particles and fumes.
Compensation: Competitive Wage, Medical/Dental, Paid Time Off and 401k for eligible employees.