Washington Energy Services offers professional attic insulation installation.
We use an environmentally friendly cellulose insulation. Blown-in cellulose insulation is the ideal solution for your attic because it is environmentally friendly, flame retardant, rodents don’t like it, and it has the highest R-value per inch of all the blown-in insulations.
• It is environmentally friendly because it is essentially ground up, recycled newspapers.
• It is flame retardant because it is treated with a chemical called borate.
• Rodents won’t nest or eat cellulose, whereas they will with fiberglass.
• Cellulose has an R-value of 3.7 per inch whereas fiberglass has an R-value of 3 per inch.
Ask us about:
• Proper ventilation
• Air sealing
• Insulated/sealed attic accesses
• Exhaust fan terminations
Fiberglass is a great alternative and there are great reasons to use fiberglass for some applications. Every home is different. Ask our representative for more information about insulation options.