Since 1974 the United Nations has lead the celebration for World Environment Day on June 5th annually.
Since 1974 the United Nations has lead the celebration for World Environment Day on June 5th annually. It is celebrated in over 100 countries as a day to encourage awareness and action for the protection of our environment. Each year there is a different theme and host country with 2019’s theme being “Beat Air Pollution” hosted in China.
According to “greening the blue” approximately 7 million people worldwide die prematurely each year from air pollution and 92% of people worldwide do not breathe clean air. The main types of air pollution are agriculture, household, industry, transport, and waste. World environment Day.global provides great examples of how to reduce air pollution and join the #beatairpollution movement.
- Use public transport or car sharing, cycle or walk
- Switch to a hybrid or electric vehicle and request electric taxis
- Turn off the car engine when stationary
- Reduce your consumption of meat and dairy to help cut methane emissions
- Compost organic food items and recycle non-organic trash
- Switch to high-efficiency home heating systems and equipment
- Save energy: turn off lights and electronics when not in use
- Choose non-toxic paints and furnishings
Washington Energy Services provides several products to keep your family and home breathing happy. These products include filtration systems like the RGF Reme Halo air purifier. This neat tool connects with your heating system to cleanse the air throughout your house removing viruses, molds, bacteria and odors by up to 99%. It mounts into your existing heating systems and works with your furnace fan to send ions through the home.
We can’t stop breathing, but we can control the air we breathe ensuring it is healthy and rid of contaminants.