After a beautiful summer and early fall, the last thing on your mind might be the furnace. But it's been sitting there all summer waiting to be turned on. At least you hope it is. If your furnace is several years old or hasn’t been regularly serviced or maintained, a furnace tune-up from Washington Energy Services can help prevent an unfortunate—and chilly—surprise.
What is a furnace tune-up?
A furnace tune-up from Washington Energy Services offers a comprehensive, 37-point inspection of your system. Our NATE-certified (North American Technician Excellence) technician will complete the following:
- Remove and clean flame sensor, burners, pressure port, condensate drain system
- Inspect heat exchangers
- Check/adjust inlet gas pressure, outlet low-fire gas pressure, hi-fire gas pressure
- Inspect blower wheel, test blower motor capacitor
- Record delta T, measure air static
- Check for CO and CO2
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Check continuous fan switch
- Inspect flue for corrosion/leaks
- Replace batteries as needed in thermostat
- Inspect condition of ductwork
- Replace / clean filter
What are the benefits of a furnace tune-up?
The list above provides the specifics of the tune-up. But why should you invest in a tune-up?
- Prolong your furnace’s life – If your furnace is several years old, regular maintenance becomes important. Think of your furnace like the engine in your car; you use it every day and it requires regular attention to keep it running in optimal condition.
- Increase your system’s energy efficiency – A tune-up cleans the system and replaces the air filter making your furnace run better, making it a more efficient system.
- Keep your family safe – Catch potentially dangerous issues before they start, such as gas and carbon monoxide leaks or the circulation of containments.
- Maintain your manufacturer warranty – Most manufacturer warranties stipulate that furnaces must be regularly maintained. An annual furnace tune-up satisfies this requirement and keeps your warranty active.
Why is now the best time to get a furnace tune-up?
In a few short weeks the mild weather will end and our furnaces will be working double time to keep your family warm. Scheduling a tune-up now beats the early winter repair rush and ensures your furnace is ready when winter comes knocking.